Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KiteStock
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Open Discussion
joel
Just wanted to give you guys an early heads up for KiteStock. Taking place at Mitchell's Bay on the east side of Lake St. Clair in Canada from June 1st - 3rd.

Its an awesome time and should be pretty big again this year. The spot is shallow and there will be support boats/skis for down winders and the such. A few Naish and LF pros came last year.

The website is http://kitestock.ca/ . Still last years but keep and eye on it for the 2007 update.
SaulOhio
I've been to the event a couple of times, and its a good time. The location is great. If the wind is from the wrong direction in one spot, they can move it to another. It could be at Mitchell's Bay, NE corner of the lake, Belle River on the South shore, or at ma spot whose name I forget on Lake Erie.

Tonight, I'll upload a couple of videos I took in previous years to youkiteboard.com.

Saul
joel
This is going down this weekend. I'm trying my best to head up there Thursday after work through Sunday. Total its about 4 hours from CLE to M-Bay.

Here is Timmy B's update:

Here are the bigger confirmed prizes that we will be raffling off at the riders party this saturday evening 8-2pm at Bob's N Bouys Restaurant at Mitchell's Bay:

16m Naish Raven complete
17m Best Yarga Complete
Ocean Rodeo Surf Drysuit
Wipika wakeskate

We are still wating on a few more so it should be well worth the drive.

This is tons more gear is to be raffled off. Last year everyone in attendance when home with something.

Also reps from the following companies have been confirmed:

Naish Canada and Midwest Rep
Liquid Force
Ocean Rodeo
Peter Lynn
GK
Cabrinha
Best
Wipika
North

Saturday will be a M-Bay for sure as RedBull will be setting up. Sunday we may setup at another local spot if conditions are better. i.e Kettle Point if there is the potential for an epic wave day
joel
Got delayed to a departure tonight. The forecast is for lighter winds but it is gonna be warm so I hope we'll get some pushes from the low pressure.

Is anyone else going??
SaulOhio
QUOTE(joel @ Jun 1 2007, 09:21 AM) *
Got delayed to a departure tonight. The forecast is for lighter winds but it is gonna be warm so I hope we'll get some pushes from the low pressure.

Is anyone else going??

I'll be leaving early in the morning. See you there.
joel
Sorry about the spam while I was away guys.

The event was a blast. Saul arrived Saturday to help me represent Cleveland. A couple guys got out for a short session right before I arrived at 8 Friday night. After that we hit up the local bar for some high quality karaoke where we proved we should stick with board sports and not apply for American Idol anytime soon.

There was a decent breeze saturday morning but it completely shut off at 10, I don't think anyone got out riding. The day was then filled with frisbee, wakeboarding / wakeskating behind the sea doo, warm pbr's and shooting the shit with all the gear reps. I think there were guys there rep'ing Naish, Ocean Rodeo, Liquid Force, Eclipse, Best, North and Flysurfer (may have forgot some). The LF kite designer was there. Pretty interesting talking to him about the challenges of the R&D of the business.

At about 6 out of no where the wind fired. A couple people who were rigged early went out on there big stuff, just when they got out it cranked. I think just about everyone got a decent session on 8-12M stuff. It went off for an hour or so. Pretty sweet watching the sky go from empty to 20+ kites in 15 minutes or so.

The band jammed Saturday night, the party was sweet. Tons of gear given away.

I think I'm still crashing from all of the Red Bull consumed. Hopefully this tropical system will fire some wind our way this week.
Turtle
I uploaded some Kitestock pictures in the Michigan Photo Gallery, so take a look.

here is the link http://www.kiteus.com/forums/index.php?automodule=gallery

Tues looks like it is going fire on Erie, Huron and Lake St Clair, enjoy!
joel
QUOTE(Turtle @ Jun 4 2007, 08:09 AM) *
I uploaded some Kitestock pictures in the Michigan Photo Gallery, so take a look.

here is the link http://www.kiteus.com/forums/index.php?automodule=gallery

Tues looks like it is going fire on Erie, Huron and Lake St Clair, enjoy!

Added pics of the fuzzy moments of the night!

http://www.kiteus.com/forums/index.php?aut...q=sc&cat=15
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.