Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lake Superior
Kite U.S. Forums > Industry Resources & Information > Resources > Travel
joe
I live up on Lake Superior, Marquette, Michigan. It is cold but has excellent kiting in any northern wind with (at times) a big break and swell. For south wind we drive to Escanaba and kite in Lake Michigan (only an hour drive). If anyone is in the area and wishes to kite with us (we are a dedicated 3 or 4, but also a handfull of windsurfers), a few of us are usually out on any good day (bring a good wetsuit).

I've kited in Maui, Aruba, Hood River, Hatteras; and the Great Lakes can be as good as any of those places!

Email me if you are ever in the area, and wish to kite. My job has flexibility and I can get out most windy days (Superior or Michigan).

Joe jjameson@chartermi.net
robertovillate
hey joe,

A kite trip to the UP has been on my "to do" list for a while. I would love to do a long weekend up thre sometime this year. Good to know someones up there to hook up with. If you're ever down this way there are plenty of us to do the same.

Roberto
I'm usually riding anywhere from South Haven to Traverse City
JoeBidawid
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the great post. As Roberto mentioned, getting some riding in
on Lake S would be a dream session. It is very cool to know that you guys
are into it up there. Maybe we will get a chance to visit this summer.

Joe Bidawid
Turtle_merged
I am trying to compile as many MI kiteboarding spots as I can for a new tab called "Other MI Spots" on our website www.lakestclairkiteboarding.com http://www.lscn.net/kiteboarding/local_spots.htm

If you could give me information on this spot (directions, best wind directions, dangers, etc.) and any others you may have visited I would really appreciate it. If I add your spots I will add "Courtesy of".

Take a look at our site and let me know what you think. I am trying to make this a great resource for MI Kiteboarding.

My next project is the Snow Kiteboarding spots.

Thank You
John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.