Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best size kite
Kite U.S. Forums > Industry Resources & Information > Resources > Knowledge Center
Wes mantooth
I found a sweet deal on either a 10m cabrinha co2, or a 14m nitro or element. Just wondering what size I would get the most use out of in the Belle River or Mitchell's bay area. Thanks for any input.
KyleK
Hi Wes,

Several factors here. How much do you weigh? What is your skill level? The kites you mention certainly differ in terms of ease of handling, water relaunch, durability, and depowerability.

Talk to the guys at your shop or school and they can break it down for you. I am admittedly biased but cant impress enough the value of having local support for your gear and more importantly getting good instruction.

It is likely that over the course of the season that a 14m will give you the most use especially in the mellow summer winds. Keep in mind kites have a limited range and any kite can be too big or too small for a given day's wind.

KK
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.