Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TO COLD???????
Kite U.S. Forums > Industry Resources & Information > Resources > Kitesnowboarding
evilgun
This will be my first snowkiting season, and i'm sure this has been asked before, but i'll ask anyway. Is there a temperature that can cause weaknesses in the kite or lines? Are there areas of a kite that one should pay close attention to in cold conditions and keep clean of snow etc. I've never been active in any winter sports other than checkers with Makers Mark and Coke. Any recommendations or insite would be very helpful.

thanks everyone
take care hopefully i'll meet some of you soon

jeremy
notyou
I have never had a problem with the cold. I leave all of my equipment in my garage. Never had any issues. The only thing really to worry about is body temp and skin exposure when it comes to cold. That's my nickel's worth.
B :twisted:
dan cote
The only thing that i would worry about is someone riding over your lines and cutting them with your there board and watch where u put your board try not to put it on your kite. one more thing, not that u have to worry about, is that valves on your kite are harder to close in the winter because they get cold and hard.

other than that get out there and have fun.

Dan Cote
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.