Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Las Vegas Lake Mead Kiteboarding
Kite U.S. Forums > Industry Resources & Information > Resources > Travel
Turtle_merged
I am heading to Las Vegas on business March 21-25, 2006 and was wondering if any kiteboarding spots exist on Lake Mead or the nearby area.

If you could point me in the right direction that would be great!

I tried online searches and can not come up with anything.

Help a Turtle out!

8)
Bob_Log_III
There was an article in Kiteboarding Mag a while back about Vegas Kiting. See if you can dig one of those issues up.
Steve Martin
A local Ontario kiter moved out to Vegas. I'll send you his private email address and he can help if you doesn't reply here.
Brar
Turtle,
here is the post from Dylon who moved
to vegas earlier this year. He posted a Good Bye
message under the pseudonyme of 'Kiteboarder'
on the forum on Feb 17th. 2005. I went
back and read it. The e-mail address given
was
" kiteboarder@snowboard.com "
So you could check with him.
Brar
Steve Martin
I think Scott moved out there before that although I can't find his email address at the moment.
Turtle_merged
Brar, thanks for the email. I did send one several days ago, but no response yet.

Bob Log, I can download each issue of the past years Kiteboarder Magazines online. Any idea what issue the Las Vegas / Lake Mead article might have been in? Do you know what the cover looked like?

Any help is appreciated, I hate to go somewhere warm and not get in some water time!

8)
Bob_Log_III
I'm pretty sure it was in kiteboarding mag not kiteboarder. It was awhile back I'm not really sure when. You can check this out too:

http://kitebeaches.com/kitebeaches/country.php

There might be some info for you there.
Turtle_merged
That is just what I was looking for.

Thanks - John

8)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.